At Baxi Heating we are doing whatever we can to continue to provide the very highest level of customer care and support that we can during this difficult period. Our highest priority is the safety of all our valued customers and colleagues. We recognise the uncertainty that coronavirus has caused, and we also know that the heating industry has an important role to play – people still need heating and hot water.
Our thoughts are with everyone who has been affected by the Coronavirus outbreak. These are tough, extraordinary times. We are following government guidelines and recommendations closely, as well as implementing our own practices and procedures, to reduce risk.
If you are a householder:
We are taking the following steps to keep you and our engineers safe, and to continue to offer an excellent level of service:
- Baxi Customer Support engineers continue to take additional safety measures to keep you and themselves safe during a visit. This includes social distancing, PPE and antibacterial wipes. You can find out more here.
- If you are self-isolating or have symptoms of coronavirus, please let us know so that we can take the best approach to help you.
- We are prioritising repairs, especially for the elderly, vulnerable and key workers. If you are in this category, please let us know on 0330 678 0917 and we will do everything we can to look after you.
- If you are an NHS employee, we will repair your Baxi Heating boiler or cylinder free of charge, until 30 June 2020 (terms and conditions apply).Please call our dedicated phoneline 0330 678 0165. The work will be carried out, either by one of our own Baxi Customer Support engineers, or a Baxi Approved Installer. They will ask to see your NHS ID on arrival, and we will only carry out the work at your own property.
- Following the government guidance for working safely in customers home, we are now taking bookings for annual services. This includes Domestic and General customers whose service has been delayed. If you do not have a service contract, and would like to arrange a boiler service with Baxi, visit here or you can find a local gas safe registered installer here.
- If your boiler service has been delayed due to the current situation, we will continue to offer flexibility on your warranty, whether your service is with Baxi or a local Gas Safe registered installer. This includes customers who are shielding or self-isolating because another family member has symptoms.
- We have removed the offer of timed appointments to customers. Engineers’ shifts have been made more flexible to allow them to start earlier or finish later, to fit in with the needs of their own families as well as those of our customers. Our engineers will call you to confirm ETA, and with your agreement, times can be between 7am and 8pm Monday to Friday.
- We have altered the opening times of our contact centre during the coronavirus emergency:
- Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm
- Saturday: 8.30am to 2pm
- Sunday: Closed
- Bank Holidays: Closed
- If you are having difficulty getting through to our call centre, you can contact us in other ways, such as using Live Chat on the website, our social media channels and our contact us form.
- We have answered some of the most frequently asked questions about what to do during the coronavirus emergency here.
If you are an installer:
We will do all we can to support you and your business during this difficult time.
- Some of our sales team are on furlough, under the Government’s coronavirus job retention scheme, as they are unable to travel and meet with our customers at this time. Please continue to call your usual Area Sales Manager and their number will automatically connect you to the person covering your area. Please note that text messages and WhatsApp messages won’t be picked up during this time.
- Engineer support – we are prioritising repairs over servicing to ensure we can support your most vulnerable customers and key workers. If a boiler is under warranty, we will offer flexibility around servicing timescales during this time so that if a boiler’s service is delayed, the warranty remains valid.
- Training – Our training centres will be closed until further notice. However, we have introduced a range of online training courses. Check out #LockdownLearning
- Our Baxi Works loyalty scheme is still operational, and we have arranged for those who operate the helpline to work from home, so you can still contact them as normal: 0345 121 3212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a member of Megaflo Rewards, contact us on 0345 122 2225 or email email@example.com
- Unfortunately, we have had to suspend same day and next day callouts for Baxi Works members as our call centre and engineers are prioritising repairs for vulnerable people and key workers, then customers with no heating or hot water. We will let you know when we are able to resume normal service.
- If you are a member of Baxi Works, we are freezing membership levels so that if installation numbers drop as a result of coronavirus, installers will not lose their Associate or Baxi Approved Installer status.
- We are switching off the Service Reminder function so that homeowners don’t feel pressured into arranging for an installer to visit to carry out an annual service. We will backdate this function when the country’s isolation period comes to an end. Boiler warranties will not be affected by the delay, as long as a service is carried out within a reasonable time once the isolation period has ended.
- We have created a hub of information to help installers during the COVID-19 emergency here that includes online training called #LockdownLearning. Follow our social media channels for regular updates.
New Build and Social Housing customers and contractors:
All of the points above apply to you also.
- Some of our sales team are on furlough, under the Government’s coronavirus job retention scheme, as they are unable to travel and meet with our customers at this time. Please continue to call your usual Business Development Manager and their number will automatically connect you to the person covering your area. Please note that text messages and WhatsApp messages won’t be picked up during this time.
- Some of our sales team are on furlough, under the Government’s coronavirus job retention scheme, as they are unable to visit customers or merchants at this time. Please continue to call your usual Area or Technical Sales Manager and their number will automatically connect you to the person covering your area. Please note that text messages and WhatsApp messages won’t be picked up during this time.
- As lockdown eases, our clients are requesting site visits. Our area sales managers will be adhering to strict safety guidelines at all times, including social distancing, and will be provided with PPE and antibacterial wipes. They will also be completing a questionnaire with the customer before a site visit is held.
- Our Technical Support line is operating as usual and is here to help and support you.
- Engineer support. Our team is operating as usual and can be contacted on 0345 070 1058 or by the usual email addresses. We can still provide a good network of engineer support for commissioning and call-outs. Our engineers are taking extra precautions to ensure they are able to respond effectively in line with current Government guidelines. They will call before attending to confirm that no one on site has any symptoms and will carry out a risk assessment on arrival. They will maintain social distancing of two metres and use appropriate PPE. They will clean any tools or instruments when they have finished the job to prevent cross contamination.
- Training – our training centres will remain closed until restrictions are lifted. If you are booked onto a training course, we will be contacting you to re-book the course when everything is back to normal. We have launched a series of online CPDs for commercial specifiers and are running live, online product training courses. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- All colleagues in the Baxi Heating Commercial office are now working from home. They are all set up for smart working and the office telephone numbers have been forwarded. However, if you can't get through by telephone, please click here for the email addresses of our teams.
- Follow our social media channels for regular updates.
For Baxi Heating colleagues, we have adopted the following precautions:
- We carried out a risk assessment for the Baxi Heating business following the advice from the World Health Organisation, Public Health England and Gov.UK to reduce the spread of the virus. We have produced health and safety guidance for each of our office and manufacturing sites, training centres, our field service engineers and our field-based sales teams, to reduce the risk of infection or contamination.
- Our engineers have been issued with appropriate PPE and are practicing social distancing when working in people’s homes.
- We are still manufacturing heating and hot water products for UK homes, businesses and hospitals. However, in order to keep our colleagues safe, we are working within the government guidelines and have spread out our production lines to ensure there is at least two metres between our operatives.
- Colleagues who can work from home are doing so.
- We have restricted UK and international travel, limited meetings, or moved them online, and cancelled events and exhibitions for the foreseeable future
- All our vulnerable colleagues and a number of colleagues from other functions, such as sales, have been furloughed under the Government’s coronavirus job retention scheme.
We would like to thank our customers for their loyalty and also a huge ‘thank you’ to our colleagues who are endeavouring to maintain ‘business as usual’ at this difficult time – even if it is a different kind of ‘usual’!