At Baxi Heating we are doing whatever we can to continue to provide the very highest level of customer care and support that we can during this difficult period. Our highest priority is the safety of all our valued customers and colleagues. We recognise the increased uncertainty that coronavirus is causing, and we also know that the heating industry has an important role to play; people still need heating and hot water.
Our thoughts are with everyone who has been affected by the Coronavirus outbreak. These are tough, unprecedented times, and the information and guidelines we get from government are changing daily. We are following these guidelines and recommendations closely, as well as implementing our own practices and procedures to reduce risk.
If you are a householder:
Due to ever changing circumstances around Coronavirus, such as self-isolation, school closures, and daily developments, there are an increasing number of absences in our call centre and for our field service engineers. We are taking the following steps to keep you and our engineers safe, and to continue to offer an excellent level of service:
- We have removed the offer of timed appointments to customers. Engineers’ shifts have been made more flexible to allow them to start earlier or finish later, to fit in with the needs of their own families as well as those of our customers. Our engineers will call you to confirm ETA, and with your agreement, times can be between 7am and 8pm Monday to Friday.
- We are prioritising repairs, rather than routine services, especially for the elderly, vulnerable and key workers. If you are in this category, please let us know on 0330 678 0917 and we will do everything we can to look after you.
- If you are self-isolating or have symptoms of coronavirus, please let us know so that we can take the best approach to help you.
- If your boiler is under warranty, we will offer flexibility around servicing timescales during this time so that if your boiler's service is delayed, your warranty remains valid.
- Our engineers will take extra precautions during their visit, including keeping a safe distance from occupants, using gloves and antibacterial wipes.
- If you are having difficulty getting through to our call centre, you can contact us in other ways, such us using Live Chat on the website, our social media channels and our contact us form.
- We have answered some of the most frequently asked questions about what to do during the coronavirus emergency here.
If you are an installer:
We will do all we can to support you and your business during this difficult time.
- Some of our sales team are going on furlough, under the Government’s coronavirus job retention scheme, as they are unable to travel and meet with our customers at this time. Please continue to call your usual Area Sales Manager and their number will automatically connect you to the person covering your area. Please note that text messages and WhatsApp messaged won’t be picked up during this time.
- Engineer support – we are prioritising repairs over servicing to ensure we can support your most vulnerable customers and key workers. If a boiler is under warranty, we will offer flexibility around servicing timescales during this time so that if a boiler’s service is delayed, the warranty remains valid.
- Training – Our training centres will be closed until further notice. If you have booked to attend a training course, we will contact you to cancel.
- A supply of boilers and Baxi Genuine Parts should be available from your local merchants.
- Our Baxi Works loyalty scheme is still operational, and we have arranged for those who operate the helpline to work from home, so you can still contact them as normal: 0345 121 3212 or email email@example.com
- If you are a member of Megaflo Rewards: 0345 122 2225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unfortunately, we have had to suspend same day and next day callouts for Baxi Works members as our call centre and engineers are prioritising repairs for vulnerable people and key workers, then customers with no heating or hot water. We will let you know when we are able to resume normal service.
- If you are a member of Baxi Works, we are freezing membership levels so that if installation numbers drop as a result of coronavirus, installers will not lose their Associate or Baxi Approved Installer status.
- In addition, we are switching off the Service Reminder function so that homeowners don’t feel pressured into arranging for an installer to visit to carry out an annual service. We will backdate this function when the country’s isolation period comes to an end. Boiler warranties will not be affected by the delay, as long as a service is carried out within a reasonable time once the isolation period has ended.
New Build and Social Housing customers and contractors:
- All of the points above apply to you also. Some of our sales team are going on furlough, under the Government’s coronavirus job retention scheme, as they are unable to travel and meet with our customers at this time. Please continue to call your usual Business Development Manager and their number will automatically connect you to the person covering your area. Please note that text messages and WhatsApp messaged won’t be picked up during this time.
- Some of our sales team are going on furlough, under the Government’s coronavirus job retention scheme, as they are unable to visit customers or merchants at this time. Please continue to call your usual Area or Technical Sales Manager and their number will automatically connect you to the person covering your area. Please note that text messages and WhatsApp messaged won’t be picked up during this time.
- Our Technical Support line is operating as usual and is here to help and support you as usual.
- Engineer support – we can still provide a good network of engineer support and are taking extra precautions to keep both our engineers and our customers safe.
- Training – our training centres will remain closed until restrictions are lifted. If you are booked onto a training course, we will be contacting you to re-book the course when everything is back to normal.
- Production and supply – at present it is business as usual for us, and we are working hard to minimise the impact of any shortages that may occur in the supply chain.
- All colleagues in the Baxi Heating Commercial office are now working from home. They are all set up for smart working and the office telephone numbers have been forwarded. However, if you can't get through by telephone, please click here for the email addresses of our teams.
For Baxi Heating colleagues, we have adopted the following precautions:
- All office-based and field-based colleagues have been issued with health and safety guidelines to reduce the risk of infection or contamination
- We are still manufacturing heating and hot water products for UK homes, businesses and hospitals. However, in order to keep our colleagues safe, we have spread out our production lines to ensure there is at least two metres between our operatives.
- Colleagues who can are working from home
- We have restricted UK and international travel, limited meetings, or moved them online, and cancelled events and exhibitions for the foreseeable future
- All our vulnerable colleagues and a number of colleagues from other functions, such as sales, have been furloughed under the Government’s coronavirus job retention scheme.
We would like to thank our customers for their loyalty and also a huge ‘thank you’ to our colleagues who are endeavouring to maintain ‘business as usual’ at this difficult time – even if it is a different kind of ‘usual’!