Our highest priority is the safety of our customers and colleagues during this time. We are taking extra precautions and acting on government advice to keep you and our engineers safe when carrying out work in your property.
- Engineers will call on the day of the visit to confirm their estimated time of arrival, and will ask at this time about any restrictions due to coronavirus and check whether you are comfortable for the visit to take place. If there are concerns, our engineer will contact our office so that we can take the best approach to help you.
- Engineers will also explain what they are doing and why, and that they will maintain a safe 2 metre distance, including when waiting for you to open the door.
- They will ask if you can stay in another room, away from the work area or areas while the work is carried out.
- Engineers will wash hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds at the start of the job and after. They will carry their own hand-towel or blue roll, soap and hand sanitiser.
- Engineers will use various items of protective equipment including goggles/glasses, masks, face shields, coveralls and additional gloves as required to complete the work required at your property using a risk assessment.
- Engineers will only bring minimal tools inside to complete the job.
- Engineers will not shake hands, and politely decline any offers of food or drink.
- You will not be asked to sign any paper documentation or tablet on completion of the visit.
- Engineers will wipe down any surfaces and tools. Any wipes and disposable gloves will be placed in a plastic bag and disposed of in the customer's waste.
In our video, Chris, one of our Baxi customer support engineers, talks about the precautions our engineers are taking every day to keep our customers and themselves safe.